Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Stuffed Peppers

Sorry there isn't a picture, I decided to make this blog mid shoving my face with one. With that being said, I tried stuffed peppers for the first time tonight. Probably my new favorite. Simple, quick, healthy and CHEAP! I scored some Alfresco Garlic and Onion chicken sausage for 1.99 (4pack) the other day and was lost on what to do with it. But my cheap ass wasn't passing MSG free and preservative free chicken up at that price. Stuffed Peppers were my answer.


What you need:
Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper
Rice [I used boil in a bag]
Chicken Sausage out of the casing [1 link is enough for 2 peppers]
Pepper [1 was filling enough for me]
Zucchini [needed to be used]
Asiago Cheese, freshly grated
Shredded Mozzarella

Make it Yummy:
Preheat oven to 425
Make Rice according to package
Cut off Top of pepper and slice up top & zucchini into small pieces
Heat up a splash of olive oil in a pan w/salt & pepper and saute to your liking & set aside in a bowl
Dice up your chicken sausage and cook in the same skillet as you did the veggies
Combine the chicken sausage, veggies, rice and asiago cheese together
Fill up the pepper, throw some mozzarella on top, place on pan and cook about 15-20mins for browned cheese



This my friends, is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment